Animated Poetry Showing Events
Mon Pays was shortlisted for best poetry-film at the following events:
- Weimar Poetryfilmpreis 2018, Weimar, Germany.
- Ó Bhéal Poetry-Film Award 2018, Cork, Ireland.
- Poetry Film Live 2019 Film Poetry Competition, United Kingdom.
Mon Pays was featured at the following International Film and Animation Festivals:
- Lake International Pan-African Film Festival, Nairobi, Kenya – November 2019.
- Kasi Vibe Film Festival, Thokoza, Gauteng, South Africa – December 2018.
- Cinanima International Animated Film Festival, Espinho, Portugal – November 2018.
- Locomocion / Experimental Animation Festival, Mexico – October 2018.
- ZEBRA Poetry Film Festival, Berlin, Germany – September 2018.
- Cape-Town International Animation Festival, Cape Town, South Africa – March 2018.
Mon Pays travelled around South Africa and France as part of a musical theatre performance Afrique mon Desir during 2018.
Parys Suite was launched in September 2018 at the Tuin van Digters Poetry festival in Wellington, South Africa. The film had multiple screenings, and the poet and animator presented an exhibition of artworks resulting from the production of the film.
The animator and poet engaged in a panel discussion on poetry-film with academics Bernard Odendaal and Franci Greyling (both from NWU). The event included an exhibition of artworks and artefacts from the film and two limited edition poetry volumes by poet Carina van der Walt with illustrations by Diek Grobler.
The project was presented at a poetry-event by the Stichting Man in de Maan in Eindhoven, the Netherlands on 26 May 2019, and public presentations of the project included lectures on poetry-film at the Dutch cultural organisation Orde van de Prince in Tilburg, the Netherlands, as well as Pretoria in the course of 2019.
The film was selected for the ZEBRA Poetry Film Festival 2020, Berlin, Germany in December 2020, and Athens International Video poetry Festival 2021.